So, your website has been optimized and you’re not seeing a return on your investment. You’re frustrated and are upset with your internet marketing company. I get it and have seen it from both sides.
Sometimes a small business will hire someone without an seo and internet marketing background, who just isn’t able to get the job done. Other times, you hire a company with proven experience, yet things just aren’t happening. Why?
- Is your seo company bookmarking your blogs and posting on Facebook and Twitter. [Tip Facebook and Twitter posts shouldn't just spit out content about your business. Create a relationship with your followers.]
- Are they link building, and I don’t mean hiring link farms. My suggestions is always slow and steady wins the race. [Example, if you sell cars and you have worked with a company in the past, a simple call asking for a link is the way to go. Then keep going from there.]
- What is your online advertising budget. The amount of work an seo company needs to perform is often misunderstood by the company hiring them. Writing one blog from scratch can take a couple hours, especially if they are left to do all the research and writing on their own. Any good seo company will work within your budget, but if your budget is small, you will need to provide them with content to keep things rolling efficiently.
- Am I in a highly competitive field? You need to make sure things are set up right in order to compete. If you believe your site is properly optimized and your social media presence is solid, then ask yourself, is my competition doing any form of traditional advertising? Are they on tv, radio, or billboard advertising. If they are, that may be something to consider.
- Have you tried Google AdWords. While your site is being indexed, you may want to consider beginning an AdWords campaign. You need to be careful and you need to know your industry. I’d stay away from the display network as that would eat up your budget. Again, take it slow and do your research.
These are just a few tips to check out if you’re not seeing a quality return on your investment. You can always sit down with your seo company and share your concerns. You could also hire a new company to give you an overview of your website. A little advice into what’s the best direction could save you a lot of money down the road.
Best of luck to you in your future endeavors.